The Christian Science Monitor has run an editorial asking Asia to define its identity in terms of Europe-style continental unity. This is a counter-point to the deep scepticism we have expressed on the notion of "Asian solidarity" -- specifically as it relates to India.
Worth a read.
- ► 2011 (14)
- ► 2006 (194)
- Rumors About Bin Laden's Death
- Indian Golfer Bests Vijay Singh
- Finally, Some Good News From Bangladesh
- Theme Park OK, Fashion Show Not?
- Squabble Among White Hats
- Would Be Comic If It Weren't So Tragic
- The Global War On Offensive Odor!
- Good News in the War on Terror
- Nuclear Fusion on the Desktop?
- Shiv Sena Shoots Off Its Loony Mouth
- My Country, Always Wrong?
- Standing With Our Soldiers
- Christian Science Monitor: Exquisite Timing, NOT
- Christian Science Monitor: Lazy Writing, Bigoted T...
- Mahesh Bhatt: Terrible Writing, Foolish Thought
- Dictatorship of Relativism
- Put The UN Out Of Its Misery, Please
- HIV in India
- The Demise of Brokerage Parties?
- Murder on the Bangladesh Border
- Soul Train To Pakistan
- Musharraf, Stay Home
- Corruption in Canada
- What Is Asia?
- Lynching of Books
- Dhiren Bharot Indicted
- Stratfor on India-China Accords
- Nixing Security Council Expansion
- iPOD Has Finally Jumped The Shark
- Because Kashmir Is Not Khan El Khalili
- The Problem With Engaging Musharraf
- Ghost Wars Wins Pulitzer Prize
- How Indian Cricket Crowds Out All Else
- Chaos in Bangladesh
- Ivan Cardinal Dias
- Gyanendra, Almost Ready To Blink
- Wen in Delhi
- Strobe Talbott's "Engaging India"
- Friday Musings
- ▼ April (39)