The ordinarily terrific Christian Science Monitor has run this terrible editorial today on the Indo-Pak "peace" process.
There's nothing particularly notable about this editorial. Similar thought, seemingly everywhere, has drowned out sensible thinking in recent days. There is, however, a profoundly illiterate and deeply offensive section in the editorial that merits being called out for what it is, lazy and bigoted.
India can't let this moment slip, nor just string Pakistan along. It must make trust-building concessions, such as on a proposed dam that would restrict water flow to Pakistan. Largely Hindu India must eventually be flexible in redefining the status of largely Muslim Kashmir.
Shame on you, CSM for such bigotry. What makes you think that religious affiliation determines a people's nationality? You may wish to re-read US' own constitution to comprehend why India, that shares similar values, cannot accept your absurd suggestion. We hope an apology is forthcoming.
Wednesday, April 20, 2005
- ► 2011 (14)
- ► 2006 (194)
- Rumors About Bin Laden's Death
- Indian Golfer Bests Vijay Singh
- Finally, Some Good News From Bangladesh
- Theme Park OK, Fashion Show Not?
- Squabble Among White Hats
- Would Be Comic If It Weren't So Tragic
- The Global War On Offensive Odor!
- Good News in the War on Terror
- Nuclear Fusion on the Desktop?
- Shiv Sena Shoots Off Its Loony Mouth
- My Country, Always Wrong?
- Standing With Our Soldiers
- Christian Science Monitor: Exquisite Timing, NOT
- Christian Science Monitor: Lazy Writing, Bigoted T...
- Mahesh Bhatt: Terrible Writing, Foolish Thought
- Dictatorship of Relativism
- Put The UN Out Of Its Misery, Please
- HIV in India
- The Demise of Brokerage Parties?
- Murder on the Bangladesh Border
- Soul Train To Pakistan
- Musharraf, Stay Home
- Corruption in Canada
- What Is Asia?
- Lynching of Books
- Dhiren Bharot Indicted
- Stratfor on India-China Accords
- Nixing Security Council Expansion
- iPOD Has Finally Jumped The Shark
- Because Kashmir Is Not Khan El Khalili
- The Problem With Engaging Musharraf
- Ghost Wars Wins Pulitzer Prize
- How Indian Cricket Crowds Out All Else
- Chaos in Bangladesh
- Ivan Cardinal Dias
- Gyanendra, Almost Ready To Blink
- Wen in Delhi
- Strobe Talbott's "Engaging India"
- Friday Musings
- ▼ April (39)