A few weeks ago, we were enraged by Saudi Arabia's barbaric beheading of an Indian citizen.
Today, via Naeem Mohaiemen, we read that Tariq Ramadan, a controversial Islamic scholar, has called for a worldwide freeze on applying Hudood (prescribed Islamic penalties).
If true, this is a welcome development.
Thursday, March 31, 2005
- ► 2011 (14)
- ► 2006 (194)
- Tariq Ramadan Calls For Hudood Freeze
- Why Cambodia Matters to Nepal
- Desi Dating
- All Disquiet on China's Western Front
- Goodbye, IITs
- American Think Tank Frets Over Fiber Optic Network...
- Severed Kites and Jewel Beetles
- Donkeys to Bangladesh
- Secular Shouldn't Have To Mean Stupid
- Narendra Modi
- Boycott the Musharraf Match
- Shame: Taslima Nasreen Revisited
- Mr. Wolfowitz Goes To World Bank
- Gandhi Would Have Been Gandhi ...
- Citibank & Bollywood
- Endgame with Pakistan
- Secretary Rice's "Indian Sphere" Agenda
- Friday Musings
- Cinema Ticket Prices
- Give Me Liberty AND Give Me Dollars
- Camille Paglia on Contemporary Culture
- Indian Beheaded in Saudi Arabia
- Keep Musharraf Out
- Politics By Fair Means Only, Please
- Indian Business Loves e-mail, Should It?
- High Definition "Lust in the Heart" Televisions
- Geo-Political Pivot Points
- Choking on Chulha
- The Arrack of Ostriches
- ▼ March (30)