BBC reports that India is exporting 20 donkeys and mules to Bangladesh for the latter's transportation needs. Apparantly, Bangladesh has almost no donkeys of its own and they will be useful in the hilly region.
A government official said the terrain meant road construction was "very expensive compared to other regions".
Hopefully, India's grand gesture of exporting donkeys and mules will (at least partly) make up for New Delhi's cancellation of the Dhaka SAARC summit which greatly offended fellow bloggers like The 3rd World View!
- ► 2011 (14)
- ► 2006 (194)
- Tariq Ramadan Calls For Hudood Freeze
- Why Cambodia Matters to Nepal
- Desi Dating
- All Disquiet on China's Western Front
- Goodbye, IITs
- American Think Tank Frets Over Fiber Optic Network...
- Severed Kites and Jewel Beetles
- Donkeys to Bangladesh
- Secular Shouldn't Have To Mean Stupid
- Narendra Modi
- Boycott the Musharraf Match
- Shame: Taslima Nasreen Revisited
- Mr. Wolfowitz Goes To World Bank
- Gandhi Would Have Been Gandhi ...
- Citibank & Bollywood
- Endgame with Pakistan
- Secretary Rice's "Indian Sphere" Agenda
- Friday Musings
- Cinema Ticket Prices
- Give Me Liberty AND Give Me Dollars
- Camille Paglia on Contemporary Culture
- Indian Beheaded in Saudi Arabia
- Keep Musharraf Out
- Politics By Fair Means Only, Please
- Indian Business Loves e-mail, Should It?
- High Definition "Lust in the Heart" Televisions
- Geo-Political Pivot Points
- Choking on Chulha
- The Arrack of Ostriches
- ▼ March (30)