- Jyllands-Posten has the FOS right to publish the cartoons.
- We exercise the same FOS in calling them idiots (or worse) for exercising bad judgment.
- Those offended have the FOS right to express verbal outrage or boycott goods.
- Burning embassies, rioting, issuing fatwas and demanding bans is not FOS, in fact the opposite.
- The Iranian newspaper has the FOS right to publish the Holocaust cartoons.
- The rest of us can exercise the same right and dismiss them as idiots, too.
(Leaving aside high-minded issues like FOS and its limits, the cynical view is that some of the protest is being fueled by Iran and Syria who gain by changing the global agenda and accelerating the clash of civilizations. But that's material for another blog post).